Tuesday, September 12

This is sad

Somehow or another, I ran into this person's blog through someone else I know. I read through some of it last night, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it and being thankful for my boys health.
This couple had a baby girl, Allie, who at 6 months was diagnosed with lukemia and at 9 months passed away. They now have another baby girl, Maggie, who is the exact age that their other daughter died. Anyway, if this story interests you, check out her blog at: www.scotthousehold.com
It's a sad story, but the new baby is absolutely adorable, I loved the 6 months slideshow. Click on "Allie's Story" to read a summary......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very, very sad. I thought it was weird that she was born just a few days before Lincoln. Today is actually the 2 year anniversary of her death. The family must be having such a hard time...I can't even imagine. I'm glad they have a healthy baby girl to fill some of the void.

Anonymous said...

It is hard to imagine that type of tragedy. We have always been so lucky with our entire family. I don't know how I would be able to cope with the death of a child.

Anonymous said...

I just read the story. It's beautiful but sad. I can't wait to see all of you. I feel very lucky that we are all healthy. Kiss all the grandkids for me!

Flower Mound Mom said...

I think this story affected me so much because Lawson is the age that they were going through all of that with her. You just never know, I just love love love Lawson so much I can't imagine watching him go through that!!
I thought the girls really looked like each other, if you look at her pre-lukemia pictures.
Every night in our prayer's we thank Jesus for our health!

elka maxwell said...

The gift of health is one that is easy to take for granted, its not until something happens do we realise its value. Praise God for health and wellbeing.