Monday, September 11

9/11

We are praying today for all the people directly affected by the attacks on 9/11 and for those who lost their loved ones.

Catch up on our lives, I've been too busy in the past couple of days to post anything.
1. On Friday, I spent the whole day taking my car in to the dealership for repairs. When I got there, I had to transfer 2 carseats to the shuttle, wait for the shuttle, then install 2 carseats in the shuttle, then upon returning home taking them out. When my car was ready, the shuttle came to pick us up. I had to install 2 carseats into the shuttle, and when we got there I had to remove the 2 carseats from the shuttle, then install the 2 seats back into our car. Then we proceeded to return home at exactly 5:00 PM, just in time to hit prime rush hour Friday traffic. Are you feeling my pain? OK, the worse part of this story: I took in the Suburban b/c the check engine light was on and I was fearful for mine and the boys safety. Guess what was the matter with the car? OK I won't make you guess this time, but it was that the gastank cap wasn't tightened properly. Did anyone else know that if you don't screw on the gas cap properly that the check engine light comes on? Well now you know that if your light comes on tighten the cap prior to going through what I did!!

2. Thursday night I was at the dinner with friends. At 9pm Ron unlocked the front door b/c he was expecting me. The boys were in bed, and he was on the living room couch working on his laptop computer. The next thing he knows, the front door opens, and a black lab dog comes running in and proceeds to run around the house, following the dog comes in a lady. OK, it takes the lady a while before she realizes that she came in the wrong house. It took Ron awhile too to figure out what was going on. She is our next door neighbors mother who is visiting from Colorado and was out taking the dog for a walk.... She came home to the wrong house!!! I thought that was so funny.... Ron told her not to feel bad because I got into someone else's car recently while they were in there. I mean totally in with the baby trying to fasten his infant seat into the car, long story. MOM was there too......

3. We went to the Grapefest yesterday. What a fun time!! The boys loved it. It was like a "state fair" smaller version. Lincoln rode on a train, went in the bounce house, carousel, petting zoo, cotton candy, listened to music, Lincoln was part of a childrens show and was up on stage: pics will follow once I get them downloaded off Ron's camera. We love that kind of thing, but had to call it short b/c the boys were getting overheated: it was almost 100 degree's.....

4. Started MOPS today for the year. I'm a discussion group leader, so I'm enjoying that. I'm looking forward to a very motivating and inspirational year!! I recommend MOPS to all you moms out there, working or not working that have at least one child from birth to 5yrs old. If you are interested, get with me I'll help you find your nearest group. Working moms, they have some groups that meet in the evenings. MOPS is awesome for all moms!!

5. I saved 50.50 this week with the grocery game. AND I scored a bunch of great toys by going to one of those whole community garage sales...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!! I will definitely retell the lab story...and I can't wait to hear more details about the car!