Monday, September 11

Friends



When I first moved to Houston, one of the 1st moms I met was Courtney. We met at the local library both taking our little ones, Lincoln and Promise, to Mother Goose Time for the 1st time. At that time, they were 3 (Lincoln) and 5 months old. Lincoln and Promise really hit it off at such a young age, so we decided to get together outside of the library after seeing each other for several consecutive weeks. Courtney and I became instant friends, as well as Lincoln and Promise having fun growing up together.
Courtney was one of those special friends to me that do not come around very often. She took me under her wings, and got me involved in MOPS, bible studies, etc.... She was able to teach me a lot about strengthening my relationship with Jesus, as well as being encouraging and supportive with motherhood issues.
We did things with the kids like join the same playgroup, library time, mall play area's, zoo, swimming, lots of lunch trips to McDonalds and Chick Fil A, trading off babysitting with each other, Chuck E Cheese, spray park, just to name a few things. We liked to get together on the weekends for dinner with Nick and Ron, that was always fun. We even had a babysitter and went out on double dates without the kids. One thing we used to do every week when they were young enough is go to the "reel moms" movies, where moms get to watch new releases, and everyone can bring the babies. They even had a diaper changing table in the theatre. Those were some good memories!! Courtney and I also were in 3 different MOPS groups together. Now she is leading a MOPS group at her church, wish I could have been there!!
Courtney then had her 2nd baby, Parrish on Aug 5th 2005, and I was pregnant with Lawson. I was sad when we decided to move, because now Parrish and Lawson weren't going to be able to "play" together.
This picture was taken in July, when Courtney, Promise, and Parrish were able to meet us at the lakehouse while we were on our family trip, it was close to where she lives.
Just wanted to say thank you Courtney for everything, hope we can always stay in touch!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you have such a good friend that has kids so close in age as yours!