Sunday, September 17

Poppy Seed Chicken

I had some requests for my poppy seed chicken recipe, it's yummy and easy. Try it!! Courtney, you have to make this for Tom, he LOVES it. Call me when you are making it and I'll help you (courtney doesn't cook!)....



Cynthia’s Poppy Seed Chicken Recipe

2 cups (approximately) of chicken chunks (I just boil some chicken breasts and dice them)
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
Ritz cracker crumbs
Poppy seeds
Broccoli (optional)

Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish with broccoli florets (can be fresh broccoli or a frozen bag). If you don’t like broccoli, just don’t put it in…. Next put in the diced chicken. Next mix the sour cream and soup in a separate bowl (I added about ½ cup of chicken broth straight out of the pan I boiled the chicken in, this is optional) and pour over the chicken and broccoli. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs and poppy seeds. Optional: drizzle melted butter over the crumbs and seeds.
Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes….
Serve over rice.

This is a great dish to prepare ahead of time, and just pop it in the oven. It’s also a great dish to make and throw into the freezer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm Mmmm. Sounds good. I'll have to make it one of these days! I'll tell you how it turns out.

Anonymous said...

I made it last night but it didn't turn out as good as yours!! I put in some mushrooms also but I don't think I added enough broth. Next time I think I might put onion rings on top.

Flower Mound Mom said...

onion rings sounds good, and I also was thinking about putting in some mushrooms and chopped opions in the soup mixture.