Sunday, August 20

Smoothie

Every day for the past 3 weeks I have made a fruit/yogurt smoothie for lunch. I love this newly found treat because it is nutricious, delicious, inexpensive, easy, quick..... Not to mention I am able to drink it much easier than sitting down eating somthing for lunch when I am juggling feeding 2 others. I tried out several different recipes, but stick to the basics and change out the flavors. Thought I'd share what I use in case you want to try it, wish I had tried this sooner!!
In a blender I add:
1 whole bannana
1 whole carton of yogurt (switch out flavors: vanilla, strawberry, blueberry)
Milk (to a good texture to drink)
4-5 ice cubes
Blend, and you have to drink with a straw!!

Of course if have any fresh strawberries, blueberries, etc... I throw those in the blender. This takes me about 2-3 minutes to make and it much healthier than the alternative lunch I would be having!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LaLa can't wait to try out this recipe!! She is a fellow smoothie lover!

Anonymous said...

Mark has been talking about making smoothies lately. We'll have to try this recipe out - it sounds really easy...and delicious! He wants to buy a whole book dedicated to smoothies. I didn't realize there were so many different kinds!!