Saturday, September 22

BBQ Pork Sandwiches

Per someone's request, I will attempt to post our favorite new recipe's of the week. Now here is something that everyone loved, even the boys. And it makes great leftovers, ask Reaah, I think she ate these for 3 different meals while she was here. And EASY EASY EASY...
All you need is a slow cooker....And 10 hrs to work with...

Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Sandwiches
1 boneless pork shoulder (2 lbs) (I got a 2 lb pork loin bc that is all they had)
3 Onions (yes, 3, sounds like a lot but remember how much they shrink up in 10 hrs) Sliced into separate rings
1/2 cup BBQ sauce (any flavor) (I used a sweet honey sauce and I put in a lot more than 1/2 cup!!)
Kaiser Rolls
Cheese Singles Optional

Place meat in in slow cooker, top with onions and sauce. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hrs. Remove meat from slow cooker and cut off excess fat. Shred meat using forks (it will be so tender it will literally just fall into it's own shreds). Return meat to slow cooker and stir it up with the onions and sauce.

That's it!! Just serve on Kaiser Buns (or whatever) and throw a cheese slice on it if you want. You will love it. Let me know if anyone tries this...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try it!! Sounds yummy and I LOVE that it sounds so simple!