Thursday, October 18

Pizza

We are going to be staying home until Lawson kicks this pnemonia thing, so you will be in store for a bunch of posts. You see, my computer is in my kitchen, and I pass it probably a thousand times a day, so when I have something on my mind I just stop by right quick...

So this pizza thing, it looks like I'm not the only one that thought it was a healthy food.... Bread, tomatoe (vegetable) sauce, cheese, fresh veggies, whats wrong with that.... Well, they are telling our kids these days that it is a junk food. Lincoln is really into that right now, is this a healthy food or a junk food....

3 comments:

Auntie YaYa, Aldo, Taco, and BoBO said...

I would have to say that thin crust is probably better than thick crust b/c of the carbohydrates that are in it...in turn the long-term affects of high carbs would be weight gain and eventually sugar control. Also, I think that homemade dough is better than store bought b/c they use salt as a perservative in store bought and that is not healthy...high salt causes water retention and high blood pressure.
If you make your own dough atleast you know what is in it....you could probably find a low salt content dough at the store though. As far as toppings.....to much cheese and greasy pepperoni is not healthy....so low fat cheese and turkey pepperoni would be healthier. You can make pizza healthy. Just because it has a ton of ingredients in it that are veggies doesn't mean that it is healthy. My opinion....But I love a good slice of pizza when I'm craving it.:) and it's not like you are eating it every evening for dinner like some people....

Flower Mound Mom said...

YaYa you must have been the junk food vote....

Anonymous said...

The polls are hard because they are on different ends of the spectrum...usually I'm somewhere in the middle. I think pizza can be a healthy meal as long as it's in moderation...and doesn't have triple cheese and lots of greasy meats on it. On the poll I put junk food because people (including myself) generally are not able to JUST eat ONE portion of pizza in a sitting.

**I just read Reaah's comment...we are similar on some points.