Friday, November 17

Blankie


In my spare time (lol), one of my hobbie's (now) is crocheting blankets. I used to crochet when I was very young. In fact, I was about 10 when I made my Dad a brown scarf that I've seen him still wear occasionally.


This blanket I made for Lawson when he was 1st born. It is just a small "lovey". He actually sleeps with every night, he cuddles his face up to it. This blanket does not leave the house, because I am famous for losing their mostest favortite blankies.....

This is a "before" picture of the blanket I am now making for the boys. It will be the size of a throw. I think this blanket will take me about a year to make, since I only do one row every night before bed. This type of thing I absolutely can not do unless they are both sound asleep. Anyway, I will post the after picture when it is done in about a year from now!! (I may surprise us all, I have a thing about not having any pending projects...) When I get insomnia, I read or crochet (or get on the computer!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much you do in a day!! You're an inspiration!!

tom lucek said...

Cynthia,
Your scarf is still the only one I wear. It comes in handy when it gets below zero up here in Illinois.
Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

you'll have to show me how to make a blanket. I make the hats on the looms.