Monday, March 31

Torn


Today the boys and I (and Miss Lucky) had to take shelter in our guest bath tub. A tornado was heading right towards us, and the Flower Mound Sirens were going off. The public alarm system (luckily the boys were watching Curious George on PBS) came on and was stating "if you live in Flower Mound take immediate shelter in your safe room"..... Anyway, we were safe. The tornado went through FM, doing just a little damage and then moved north of us. Hope all of our dallas area friends were unaffected, I know some roofs flew off. I think that this is the 4th time since we lived here in 2 years that we have heard those tornado sirens. Scary.
It was so sweet though, Lincoln was in the bathtub saying prayers to Jesus to keep the tornado away from us. Lawson thought it was fun that all 3 of us were sitting in the tub...

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh, I had no idea. How scary. I need to turn on the news every now and then. Glad to hear everything is OK.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everyone is safe and sound. I remember the sirens went off when I was there last summer (or maybe it was spring break?). That's so sweet of Lincoln to say the prayers. He makes his Godmother SO proud!! : )

cwmomof3 said...

How scary! I thought of you when I saw it on the news that day.
Cara