Wednesday, March 5

Coffee

When Ron gave up his daily coffee drinking recently, I thought he was totally crazy. Why give up one of the greatest simple pleasures of life??? I had a change of heart on Sunday, totally out of the blue as I was drinking a Starbucks at the grocery store. I thought I should give up coffee for a while and just see how it goes. The last 2 times I did that, was when I was pregnant. But, I sent out for a coffee as soon as the babies were born....
So, today is day #3 w/o coffee (or any other caffeine). The first 2 days I had the headaches. Today I just feel tired. Like extremely tired. Like I pulled an all nighter, which I didn't: I slept well. So, I'll go take a nap today, and see how I feel tomorrow...
The BEST thing I've liked: I got to put away my big coffee maker and my cappucinno machine. It made SUCH a difference in my kitchen. So much extra room.... And I've enjoyed not having the extra inconveniences such as setting the coffee pot timer at night, cleaning the pot every day, the deep cleaning the coffee maker, etc...

3 comments:

tom lucek said...

Good luck in your efforts. I really think caffein is harmful; but, I still drink it to stay alert.

Anonymous said...

So... Do you have a substitute beverage? What do you drink when its time for a coffee break? Green tea is supposed to be good for the body...although the taste leaves a lot to the imagination!!!

Anonymous said...

More power to you!! I couldn't do it. I enjoy coffee too much. I did switch to decaf for a while and that actually wasn't bad. I think it's become too much of a ritual for me.