Monday, August 25

Cheeeeees Muffins

Tonight I tried out one of Pioneer Womens Recipes... Cheese muffins. These muffins call for THREE CUPS of cheese, so you can just imagine how cheesy these rolls are.... nice and yummy.... They were a hit, so we will make again... 1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter (I used salted)

Whisk together dry ingredients, then stir in cheese.

In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, and butter together. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine.

Bake in greased muffin tins at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Makes 12.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you tried them. I was going to. Maybe I'll make a full batch and freeze half.

tkmo said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm...we tried these tonight to go with our BBQ chicken dinner. They were DELICOUS and a big hit! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Courtney and I had fun cooking together.