Tuesday, December 19

Kirby Update


OK, we truly did give this a try, and it just didn't

work out. Isn't this the cutest face you have ever seen?? Well, we did not adjust well with having a puppy. I was in tears several days over the chewing, housebreaking, barking, jumping, etc..... Nothing personally wrong with Kirby, just I have never been a dog person. This type of dog is a companion dog, which is nice, but also means you do not get a break whatsever.... Anyway, took more time than the boys.... Needed to refocus my attention back on the boys.... After a long drawn out 3 week search for a new home, Kirby left us tonight. He went with a couple who live out in the country with one acre for him to run... There children are grown up, but will have grandkids visiting. Mom works out of home, so she will have plenty of time to devote to Kirby. We are really going to miss him, but I bet tomorrow will be my least stressful day in a lonnnnng while. Lincoln does not know yet, it was his bday today, so I'm going to tell him tomorrow.

On a happier note, Justice will be coming back to us on Thurs. Her new home did not work out, so she will be returning. I'm glad because we really missed her. She will continue to live with us an outdoor kitty, and will have to bring her into the garage during the freezes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's exciting news about Kirby...I'm glad that you found him a good home. Sounds like it will be a good match for him.

Enjoy the Nutcracker tonight - I bet it will be an awesome show!! Mark and I are about to take off for an early dinner (to beat some of the rush hour traffic) and go to the Riverwalk to look at lights and see the tree in front of the Alamo.

See you in 2 days!!