Friday, September 11

Just 8 short Years ago


Remembering all that went on just 8 short years ago.
September 11, 2001: I don't have an interesting story like some. I was just dating Ron, and was living in an apartment with my sister. I was sleeping in that morning, and got a call from Ron to tell me to turn on the TV. I of course had no idea what he was talking about and turned on the TV, didn't exactly know what I was looking at so I proceeded to get ready for work. All the bits and pieces were coming together as Ron was calling me, I was driving to work, listening to the radio. I drove to the RMYA appreciation lunch that was being held at the Bridge: Do you RMYA friends remember this? I remember standing around talking to my coworkers as we were all processing what was going on, and questioning if we should be at the luncheon or if our lives were still in danger.
I am thankful for all the men/women who are fighting for our protection. I pray that we don't experience anything like this again, now that I have children it takes on a whole new meaning.
What were you doing when you heard the dreadful 9/11 news?

No comments: