Monday, September 8

Two's

We are experiences the terrible two's over here... I'll spare you the details... But one thing he loves to do right now is absolutely destroy his room....When he is supposed to be in there taking a nap...
And this picture doesn't even do the mess justice... He took and threw every single book off his bookshelf, emptied out every. single. toy. he had... Slid all the furniture around... the crib was in the middle of the room... and most everything on the walls was taken off and thrown and broken.... We used some creative discipline tonight, and I have a feeling he will be keeping his room muuuuch cleaner nowadays....

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Well...at least we are not the only ones...
Our big problem right now is tantrums. What kind of creative discipline did you use? I'll try anything!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yikes. That does NOT look like fun! I hope for your sanity that it doesn't happen again!

Anonymous said...

Courtney....I know this is going to sound odd, and maybe a bit wrong, but what I like to do is tell them how to properly have a tantrum?? Confused? Okay, so Lincoln begins to cry and scream...hardly ever happens now...but imagine it....also imagine his surprise when I tell him "not good enough, louder please". The first time I did this...he went completely quiet...like, Dad what the heck did you just say. If he’s stomping around, I’ll add some Geri drama to it and give it a try myself, if he can see how ridiculous is looks from his vantage point, then he questions the behavior. Have to admit, if he's tired, nothing works...but this is nonetheless comical if you have an opportunity to try, you should, just for sampling purposes. Tell me about the experience. In the case of the messy room, we left it like this for two days. I made him believe that I couldn't possibly come in his room, Cynthia and I both played a little head game with him, after a couple days we both participated in a little joint cleaning session and wholla...no more mess. Now if we could only figure out the bed wetting?? Any suggestions back at you...Cynthia is really a pro at this stuff...heck, she tamed my wild side:)