Monday, September 1

My Labor Day

Laborious

Just for fun, I thought I'd pull out this meme I found. In honor of Labor Day, it's about...well, labor. And not the kind you get a day off for, either. Other Blogger Mommy's please cut and paste and put on your blog but let us know you played!!!


How long were your labors?
Lincoln: 26 hours

Lawson: 24hrs

How did you know you were in labor?
Lincoln: I was induced 2 weeks after my due date. I hadn't even started dilated at the time.
Lawson: I went into the hospital to be induced, and they said I was in labor: I had no idea. Good thing I was at the hospital..

Where did you deliver?
I had both in a hospital. Where the drugs are.
Lincoln was a Memorial Hospital in San Antonio, and Lawson at Katy Hospital

Drugs?
Yes, I loved both epidurals. I'm a big baby. Would never even consider natural childbirth. Why ruin such an enjoyable moment??? My epi was much stronger with Lincoln, with Lawson I still could feel the contractions, etc... With Lincoln I didn't even know I was having a contraction when I was....

C-section?
Neither... They both came out with just a couple of pushes. I remember with Lincoln they kept saying that if I didn't start dilating I would have to have a c section... I think I was in labor for 20 hours and was still 0 cc dilated!! Also the baby was stressing, and something about a fever in me and him.... ask Ron he was more alert at this time. Also remember a mean nurse at this point.

Who delivered?
Dr.Cox (Dr Hedges) and Dr. Edwards. But really the nurses delivered and the dr's just came in for a minute to catch the baby coming out.

Weights:
Lincoln was 8 lbs and 10 oz
Lawson was 7 lbs and 15 oz

My weight gains:
With Lincoln I gained 42 lbs
With Lawson I gained 19 lbs


And you Gulf Coasters stay safe. We're praying for you.

1 comment:

Carrie Comstock said...

Fun! I'll play on my blog. :)