Thursday, September 4

First Day of Pre-K

So here is your quick rundown of Lincoln's First Day of Preschool. For those of you that were wondering how it went. Remember he switched schools this year from last and he is now going two days a week at our church.

For those of you that have been able to experience it, Lincoln is not a morning person. So, it was a bit challenging getting him up, motivated, and ready by 8:30am.... Not quite as bad as I'm sure it will be when the 1st day of school excitement wears off.

I think it was the apple that put us over the edge. He had to bring an apple to school today... his favorite kind... so they could make applesauce.... Now I only shop on Sundays. Sundays only.... So this put a rock in the road for me since I found out about the apple on Tuesday. Needless to say, we had to go to the grocery store on the way to our first day of school to get this apple..... Not good. I like being prepared.

He was excited about school... And I was excited for him. Lawson was sad and wanted to stay.

I didn't expect to get so choked up dropping him off. It's not his first day of preschool, he went last year. And it's not like he is in Kinder garden where it's every day... Nonetheless I lost it emotionally. I wanted to go say to some friends... but I had to just leave the building and get a grip on myself.....


I didn't get any cute 1st day of school pictures, etc.. But I did buy the apple and this one 1st day of school pic with the famous apple... He had to bring a bag today with 3 things from home for show and tell to tell the class about himself. His 3 items were a family picture from the lakehouse with his cousins, his Gameboy, and a toy car he has had since he was a baby.
He must have had a good time, here he is as we speak.... on the couch crashed. It's time to leave for soccer practice...HMMMMMM.... Let him sleep or wake him up for practice??? What to do???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

let em sleep---this is where it all begins....once school starts...it doesnt slow down....love ya all ,,,yaya