Wednesday, February 6

Best Friends Wedding

At the beginning of the year, I vounteered to "help out" at Lincoln's Valentines Day Party. Well, then I was asked and I agreed to be the chairman of this event.
WELL, little did I know what an event it was going to be.... You see, it is tradition for this class along with the morning class to do a Best Friends Wedding for Valentines Day. Super Super Cute, but I feel as if I am planning a real life wedding.......
First, I had to find a place to hold the wedding. There will be at least 60 people attending: 20 kids plus parents, grandparents, and siblings. So I found a subdivision clubhouse to have it at.
All the kids will wear bowties and veils (provided by the teacher)....
The girls get to dress up in formals, or princess dresses....
The teachers' grandson will be dressed up as the minister and read the "friendship vows" which will include cute things about being friends like "do you agree to always share your toys"... etc... Then the kiddo's will exchange friendship bracelets with each other and sing us some songs like "make new friends but keep the old" and do the chicken dance, and do "slow dances" with parents, each other....
Luckily I had some talent on my committee. One mom makes professional wedding cakes for a living... So she is making a REAL 4 tier wedding cake with fresh flowers and everything... I happened to have a professional photographer on my committee.... so she will take photo's of everyone and put them on shutterfly so everyone can order what they want. She will also take an ind shot to put in an engraved frame another mom is making for everyone.....One mom is in charge of making bouquets and boutineer's for all the kiddo's. Another will decorate the place, and others will bring drinks and paper products....
It's going to be tons of fun, and the kiddo's are going to look so adorable, but boy I'm finding out how much planning something like this takes.
But those that know me, know that I (secretly) like to event plan.... Oh yeah, I made the invitations. I was happy at the way they turned out. I bought real make your own wedding invitations and printed them at home. Maybe I can scan one...
The wedding is next week, so I'll post some pics of course....

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Holy moly. I can't wait to see pictures of that!! Sounds awesome!

Jennifer said...

On the poll (is 4 too young for a girlfriend?), I said no, but that means a "4 year old girlfriend", not a mature real girlfriend, girlfriend. Just wanted to clarify 'cause I saw everyone else said yes.

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest thing ever. I want to come to that best friends wedding party.

Unknown said...

This event has to be a hit,I've never heard of such a thing before,I think it will be as big a deal for the parents as for the children!!! How much fun and to have such excellent planning... it will be wonderful!!!