Monday, January 21

An Addtion

OK here goes...
Surprise...
We are trying out the dog thing again. We have a dog "on trial" here for a week. She is a Golden Retriever, and is 3 1/2 years old. Which means she is already trained. So far, for the first 24 hours, she has done great. She is a really easy dog, and of course the boys love her. Her previous home had a 2 yr old boy as well, and when we went over there the boy was riding on the dog, dragging the dog by it's tail, etc... So, we know that she will be able to handle our boys, and she doesn't have a vicious bone in her body. She is fully house trained, knows some commands, kennel trained, and so far has been working into "our schedule" just fine... We'll see. Lincoln says we are just "babysitting the dog" because we haven't decided if we will keep her yet. I'll post some pics soon. Every time I get out my camera she gets hyper...

5 comments:

Courtney said...

You're right- I do think you are nuts, but that is just because I am not a dog person. I hope this one works out for you. I am sure for two active boys a dog is a much better pet than a boring old cat!!!

The Wilson Crew said...

I really hope it works out this time. Dogs really are great!! My dogs are afraid of the camera. They always start barking at it whenever I try to take their pictures! The last time I had to just hold it on my lap and pretend it wasn't there!

Anonymous said...

I was reading online about the breed and everything I found was very positive. Everyone said how gentle they are with kids and that they are fantastic family pets. I hope it works out!! She'll have to come meet her "cousins"!!

The Wilson Crew said...

Why did her last family need to adopt her out?

Aunt Joanna said...

I think that Golden Retrievers have alot of patience and a great temperment with anyone especially children.