Monday, December 3

Haystack

I'm proud of myself because I made toffee for the first time, and it is delicious... I got the recipe from my last years bible study leader who made it for us and I loved it. Anyone interested in the recipe???

I also made those Haystack cookies that we used to eat when we were little. Only 4 ingredients, and only microwave cooking. Fun for kids to make and eat... Courtney, you need to make these...

1 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup peanuts
2 cups chow mein noodles

Microwave the butterscotch chips and peanut butter on 50 percent power for 3-5 minutes, until melted. Add peanuts and noodles to coat throughly. Drop by teaspoonful on wax paper. Let cool for a couple of hours and ENJOY!!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

They do look easy but I think I will wait a while before I give it a try. We have a ton of frozen cookie dough in the freezer. I guess we'll be making lots of cookies for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I used to make a toffee (pretty similar to the one mom used to make), but haven't in several years. I remember it was much easier than I thought it would be. Just made one cookie from the box I got from Lincoln...VERY yummy!! Thanks, Linc!