Wednesday, June 3

Zucchini Bread Recipe

I've been baking baking baking. About 20 loaves of zucchini bread!! We have an abundance in our garden.... I've had a couple of requests for my recipe, so here it is...

It is the Paula Deen's Food Network recipe.
(I like her... I've been watching her show)

Ingredients

  • 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 cups grated zucchini ( I use 2 zucchini's, which ends up being more)
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, water, zucchini and lemon juice. Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and fold in. Bake in 2 standard loaf pans, sprayed with nonstick spray, for 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Alternately, bake in 5 mini loaf pans for about 45 minutes.

PS: After you spray the pans, sprinkle on some flour. It helps it remove a lot easier...

1 comment:

Ron said...

Cyn,

Rightfully so, I should probably endorse this recipe. In my many years of nibbling on your bread, this has to be the "memory maker". The ole fashion banana bread doesn't come close, this new and improved recipe truly redefines the cook and the vege to a higher calling.....

For those of you that pass on this palate pleasing opportunity, just know from me to you, it's worth it.