Saturday, March 27

Swim Te*am

Lincoln officially has a spot on the local swim team for the summer. He's a great swimmer and loves to do laps. He can do all the different strokes. However, he had to be persuaded to try out swim team, because he doesn't want to "race" other people. He likes to leisurely swim at his own pace. I think he'll do great!!! Looking forward to trying it out. I did not, however, realize that the 5-6 year old team had to practice EVERY SINGLE day during the season (June and July). That's a big commitment for me having to drag a newborn and a 4 yr old along for daily practices. Perhaps I'll find someone to carpool with. Swim meets will be every Saturday, so another challenge will be having a newborn out at the meets in 100plus degree weather. I'm always up for a challenge, and I'm really excited to see how Lincoln will do. If he likes it, maybe next summer both boys can be on a team because they start at age 5 and believe it or not, Lawson will be 5 next summer!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's exciting...I'm sure he'll love it!!

I hope we'll be able to get Lennox & Baby W together for a bit this summer!

Anonymous said...

thats awesome!!! i cant believe lawson will be FIVE>.....how crazy is taht thought....both swimmers...how cool....lil olypians.....miss ya, reaah