Tuesday, January 26

Growing up right before our eyes.

Brag Alert!!!
Getting ready to brag on my big boy, Lincoln!!! I just can't believe that he is growing up soooo much this past year. He is reading so well now, he is even reading his own e-mails! He is in the highest reading level in his class, Level E. It's amazing how much he has learned this year. He came home today and could count by 5's and 10's all the way to 100, that impressed me! Also BIG NEWS for Lincoln: He is RIDING HIS BIKE!!! He finally caught on. He saved his allowance and report card money and bought himself a super cool helmet and some bike supplies, and once he made up his mind to learn he got it after just a couple of days trying. (Lawson won't be too long after him!)
Lastly, Lincoln was chosen to participate in a program at school called Circle of Friends. He will be a "helper, role model, mentor, friend" to a special needs child. Lincoln is such a caring, helpful person he is so excited to do this. He will start by being a "lunch buddy" and a "walking buddy", then soon he will get to go into the special ed classroom to "help" with circle time, reading, etc... Then the next step would be getting together outside of school. I attended a meeting about this tonight, and it seems like a great program both for the special needs student as well as for the regularly placed student.
Anyways, just feeling especially proud of Lincoln tonight. I am so glad there is a new baby coming to our family because my babies are growing up and I'm so not ready for that! It makes it easier for me to see Lincoln mature because I know I have a new one on the way!

3 comments:

Auntie YaYa, Aldo, Taco, and BoBO said...

Congratulations Lincoln, plenty of adventures to come in riding your bike!! Ask your dad about bike rides to the "corner store" and down to the lake....and to his first job! Sounds like you are going to be very busy in helping others in school. (I can see you are taking after your mama.)You are a very special boy, we love you....look for a card in the mail from Aldo and I....we are proud of you as well. love you, aunt reaah

Jennifer said...

That's so exciting!! He is growing up so fast, but he's such an awesome little boy that it's ok! : ) I can't wait to see him so he can read me a book!

Ron said...

Ask Reaah about all her flat tires!! LOL. Good job Lincoln...you take after your Mom & Dad.