Monday, October 5

Flu Shots Done, Check

Every year, the boys and I get flu shots. Pretty routine, no problems. For some reason, this year I have been bombarded with emails and discussions about why people don't agree with flu shots. I guess I never realized it was such a controversal topic.
Well, I got my flu shot and the boys got Flu Mist. So there. Now I feel as if I have to "justify" it! The flu right now is rampant at their schools, and all around the town. I'm pregnant, and well since so many other other kids are NOT getting the flu shot, that means the flu is going to continue to go around. Well, I did my research and where I stand on the flu shot is, just get it! Hey, who wants to get the flu? We don't, and now we are a higher percentage immune to it. And I feel good about my decision to protect us as well as I can.
Good Luck!
So, now my next decision is if I should get the H1N1 vaccine. Apparantly, 1 out of 3 women who are pregnant who get the Swine Flu die. Hey this is serious! I'd rather suffer the vaccine side effects than Die! My OBGYN is encouraging me to get it. And so far, I haven't seen any reason not to, but I'm still deciding on this one!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I am with you. Just get it. Bristol's doctor told us to call back at the end of Oct about the H1N1 vaccine. Does your doctor have it already?

Tiffany said...

Do what feels right for you and your family, don't worry about everyone else.

Ron said...

10-4! I'm a bit more skeptical of the H1N1 vaccine. Let's drill down on that with complete certainty. There's no proof of the affect on the fetus at this time.