Monday, August 23

First Day of First Grade

I hate that I have to wait until 3:15 to find out how Lincoln's day was. I'm wishing I could just text him and ask him!
I'm in shock that he is starting 1st, because it seems so recent that it was his 1st day of kinder. I guess this is how it goes when you have kid's in school: time just flies by.
Lincoln was SO excited about starting school. He got the teacher that he wanted, but none of his "boy" classmates from last year are in his class... He has 3 "girls" from kindergarten. At meet the teacher day, the 1st thing he asked after looking around the classroom was "Mom, where do they keep all the toys?". 1st graders don't play with toys anymore!
We are excited about his teacher. She has been teaching 1st grade for 22 years, so she knows what she is doing! She is a Grandma, and is probably about my mom's age. She lives on a "ranch" on Lake Grapevine and has horses. She said that before her day starts at school, she has already had a full day of riding and taking care of her horses. Our 1st impression of her is a bit "stern/strict" with her students so this is probably a good thing. At meet the teacher, the kids got to pick the desk they wanted for the beginning of the year, and Lincoln went straight up front and picked the desk right next to the teachers!
Me: I'm going to miss that kid while he is back at school, and I know 2 other boys that are already missing him!
The school's hours have bumped up 10 minutes. School hours are now 7:50 to 2:50. Doesn't bother us any. His bus picked him up at 7:20 this morning, which means we don't have to wake up until 7am!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed that he can get ready in 20 minutes!! Our 12.5 yr old takes 1 1/4 hrs and wears no makeup and doesn't do anything with her hair!! What a difference between boys and girls! :) Hope he had a great day! Iris

Jennifer said...

I'm shocked that he's already in 1st!! WOW, time does fly! I hope it was a wonderful day for him : )